Sometimes, you just need brownies. Nay, you deserve brownies. But you don’t deserve the guilt that comes after the brownies. That’s why this Popsugar recipe for bite-sized, black bean brownies is so perfect. Not only does it have an extra protein kick, but each one is only 150 calories! Treat yourself, and feel healthier doing it, by trying out the recipe below.
Makes 12 mini black bean brownies
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons flaxmeal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 cup black beans, washed and drained
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Let’s get cooking!
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180 Celcius), and line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- Make your flax egg by mixing together the flaxmeal and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, mix together the beans, cocoa powder, almond meal, sea salt, vanilla, sugar, and baking powder until you get a rich, smooth, chocolaty batter.
- Divide the batter among the 12 muffin cups, filling each only about halfway.
- Top with chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
These mini black bean brownies are great eaten just like that, popped into your mouth to satisfy those pesky chocolate cravings. They’re so simple and easy to make that you can whip up a stash every week to keep in the house (it’s guaranteed the rest of the family will want in on them too).