Looking for an adorable and sweet way to impress your dinner guests (even the ones with strict dietary requirements)? We’ve got you. This recipe for mini strawberry cheesecakes from Popsugar will add flair to your next dinner party and definitely please the crowd. Plus, they’re only about 100 calories each so you won’t feel guilty afterwards!
Remember to soak your cashews ahead of time. Overnight is best!
Makes 22 mini cheesecakes.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup pecans
- 6 dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Juice from half a lemon (1 tablespoon)
- Dairy-free chocolate chips to the topping
Let’s get cooking!
- Soak the cashews for at least 4 hours (or overnight).
- Add the pecans, dates, coconut, and sea salt to a food processor and blend until you get a slightly sticky, crumbly dough for your crust.
- Press the dough into the bottom of 22 mini cupcake sections using the back of a spoon.
- Let them chill in the freezer while you move on to the strawberry cheesecake filling.
- After giving your food processor a quick clean, drain the cashews and add those in there with the strawberries, maple syrup, coconut oil, and lemon juice. Blend for a couple minutes until thick and creamy.
- Take the muffin tin with your crusts out of the freezer, and fill each one with the strawberry cream filling. Sprinkle the top with a few chocolate chips and freeze for at least another hour.
- Allow your finished mini strawberry cheesecakes to thaw for 15 minutes before serving.
- If you want to make slightly bigger cheesecakes, by using a normal cupcake tray, factor that into your freezing time!
That’s it! not too much work at all is it? Really, waiting for your cashews to soak and your cheesecakes to freeze is what times some time, but throwing it all together takes very little effort – and the results are beautiful.