There’s nothing like a tasty salad to accompany your mains on a warm day and we’ve found the perfect recipe for a spring salad with chevin cheese that is a great side for just about anything.
1 Sliced avo,
A bed of rocket,
Crumbled Chevin cheese (or plant-based alternative),
200g Green beans,
100g Sugar snap peas
5T Olive oil,
5T Lemon juice,
2t Crushed garlic,
2t Dijon mustard,
2 finely chopped Chillis,
Salt & Pepper to taste
The great thing about this spring salad is that you can serve it with any cheese – although chevin cheese is the best pairing. And it’s an incredibly dynamic dish that you can play around with to get the taste that best suits you. You can adjust the ingredients as you see fit once you develop a taste for different ones… trust me, you’ll be making this again and again.
- Steam all your asparagus, green beans and sugar snap peas until they’re slightly tender. You want them to still be bright green and firm-ish.
- Right after you’re finished steaming, run cold water over your steamed vegetables and cover them in ice for two minutes.
- Place the steamed vegetables on a dish covered with a bed of rocket and add the crumbled cheese.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, pour over the salad.
- Toss to combine and serve warm
It’s that easy. You couldn’t find a simpler recipe if you tried. It’s great for vegans and meat eaters alike and pairs well with fish or any suitable main.